Pay-Per-Click (PPC) advertising is now offered by many of the main search engines and directories but it is Google’s Sponsored Links, more commonly known as PPC, which is by far the most popular.
PPC advertising can be setup relatively quickly and is a great way to gain more visibility for keyword searches aimed at relevant traffic.
The great thing about PPC campaigns is that unlike other forms of advertising you don’t pay to place your advert, only if someone clicks on your advert. This is why it is most important to make your campaigns and chosen keywords as relevant, focused and concise as possible.
With all paid advertising, you are looking for quality not quantity traffic
PPC (Pay-Per-Click) campaigns allow you to target specific regions and provide a great deal of information to measure campaign performance. As you will only pay once someone clicks on your advert, it is essential that you send them to the correct landing page of your company website; and each page is focussed on selling your products and services.
Here is a list of 10 things you should consider when using PPC campaigns to advertise you company products and services:
1. Create individual PPC campaigns for every product or service
2. Do not link PPC adverts to your Home Page
3. Edit your landing pages to suit your PPC campaigns
4. List specific keywords for each campaign
5. Mirror the keywords in your PPC campaign and your chosen website landing page to improve sales
6. Set a daily budget so as to manage your costs
7. Review your campaigns regularly, daily if possible
8. Use split testing in order to continually improve the adverts
9. Use ‘Phrase’ & ‘Exact’ rather than ‘Broad’ keywords
10. Bid to stay in the top 5 search results
For more free advice on setting up & managing effective PPC campaigns, Contact Buzzin Media.